Column Treatment Case study No.27｜ILC International Low Back Pain Clinic (Tokyo) Blog
Male in his 50s
- About 30 years ago, he suffered a strained back and was diagnosed with a herniated disc.
- He developed pain and numbness in lower limbs in October 2022.
- On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being minimal pain and 10 being the maximum pain imaginable), the pain is at 6 in the lower back, 8 in the lower limb, and 8 in numbness.
- He can walk for less than 100 m.
- Sitting for long periods of time and lifting heavy objects is very difficult. Other difficulties include turning over, standing up, or simply washing his face.
- Sitting for long periods of time and lifting heavy objects is very difficult. Other difficulties include turning over, standing up, and even washing face.
MRI Imaging & Diagnostic
Herniated discs were observed in L3/4, 4/5, and 5/s.
Intervertebral disc degeneration was observed in L2/3.
The Cellgel procedure was performed in L2/3, 3/4, 4/5, and 5/s.
After the injection of Discogel into the intervertebral discs.
The treatment itself took about 25 minutes.
Although the patient had a fear of needles, he did not feel any anxiety during the treatment and was able to complete it successfully.
After the treatment, the patient took a rest in the recovery room and was able to walk home by himself.
Treatments at our Clinic
Please refer to the following links for more information on the Cellgel method.
A blog post explaining Cellgel in an easy-to-understand manner
The clinic’s page on the Cellgel Method
Written by Tadaaki Minowa, Clinic Director