Column Treatment Case study No.28｜ILC International Low Back Pain Clinic (Tokyo) Blog
Male in his 40s
- When the patient was in his 20’s, he suffered an episode of strained back.
- He used to have an episode of strained back once a year, but recently it has increased to several times a year.
- On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least pain and 10 being the greatest pain imaginable), he was at 10 in his lower back, 9 in his lower extremities, 8 in his hips, and 5 in numbness.
- He was able to walk for more than 500 meters.
- Turning and standing up movements and prolonged sitting were easy, but squatting was very difficult. He also had difficulty washing his face and even lifting heavy objects.
MRI Imaging & Diagnostic
- Herniated discs were observed in L1/2, 2/3, and 3/4.
- Intervertebral disc degeneration was observed in L4/5 and 5/s.
L1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 4/5, 5/s: Cellgel procedure
L4/5 and 5/s were treated prophylactically after consultation with the patient.
This is after Discogel was injected into the disc.
The surgery itself took about 35 minutes.
After the treatment, the patient recuperated in the recovery room and was able to walk home.
Treatments at our Clinic
Please refer to the following links for more information on the Cellgel method.
A blog post explaining Cellgel in an easy-to-understand manner
The clinic’s page on the Cellgel Method
Written by Tadaaki Minowa, Clinic Director