Column Treatment Case Study – #18 | International Lumbago Clinic Tokyo Blog
Female in her 30s
- In July and August of this year, she sustained a fall and developed a strained back.
- On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being minimal and 10 being maximal pain), she is at 6 in pain in her lower back, 5 in her lower extremities, 7 in her hips, and 6 in numbness.
- When the pain sets in, walking becomes difficult.
- Turning over is easy, but standing up, squatting, or sitting for a long period of time, and lifting heavy objects are very difficult. She also has difficulty simply washing her face.
MRI Imaging & Diagnostic
- Disc herniation observed in L4/5 and 5/S.
- Mild disc degeneration was observed in L3/4.
The Cellgel procedure was performed on L3/4, 4/5, and L5/S.
Dr. Minowa, our clinic director, performed this intervention.
Discogel being inserted in L3/4 (top).
Dr. Minowa took the time to make sure there was no pain while injecting the gel.
The surgery itself took about 30 minutes.
After recuperating in the recovery room, the patient was able to walk home.
Treatments at our Clinic
Please refer to the following links for more information on the Cellgel method.
Written by Tadaaki Minowa, Clinic Director