Column Treatment Case Study – #21 | International Lumbago Clinic Tokyo Blog
Male in his 40s
- In 2012, he had back pain and underwent PLDD twice. After that, the pain subsided.
- In October 2022, pain returned in his lower back.
- On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being minimum and 10 being maximum imaginable), the pain is at 8 in the lower back, 8 in the lower extremities, 8 in the hips, and 8 in numbness.
- He is able to walk for more than 500 m.
- Washing face is easy, but prolonged sitting and lifting heavy objects is very difficult. He also has difficulty with turning over, standing up, and even sitting bent over.
MRI Imaging & Diagnostic
- Disc herniation observed at L4/5 and 5/S.
- Mild disc degeneration observed at L2/3.
The Cellgel procedure was performed on L2/3, L4/5, and L5/S.
Discogel being securely injected in all three vertebrae.
The treatment itself was completed in about 25 minutes.
After the treatment, the patient recuperated in the recovery room and was able to walk home afterwards.
Treatments at our Clinic
Please refer to the following links for more information on the Cellgel method.
Written by Tadaaki Minowa, Clinic Director