Column Treatment Case Study – #25 | International Lumbago Clinic Tokyo Blog
Male in his 30s
- In August of this year, he suffered a strained back and was diagnosed with a herniated disc.
- On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being minimal pain and 10 being the maximum pain imaginable), he is at 8 in the lower back, 4 in the lower extremities, 7 in the hips, and 6 in numbness.
- He is able to walk for more than 500 meters.
- It is very difficult for him to squat for long periods of time, and to raise heavy objects. He also has difficulty turning over, standing up, or simply washing his face.
MRI Imaging & Diagnostic
- Disc herniation observed in L4/5 and L5/S
The Cellgel procedure was performed on L4/5 and L5/S.
This is after the Discogel injection into the intervertebral disc.
The patient felt pain during the treatment, so Discogel was injected at short intervals.
The treatment itself took about 20 minutes.
After the treatment, the patient had some rest in the recovery room and was able to walk home.
Treatments at our Clinic
Please refer to the following links for more information on the Cellgel method.
Written by Tadaaki Minowa, Clinic Director