Column Treatment Case Study – #19 | International Lumbago Clinic Tokyo Blog
Male in his 40s
- Patient has chronic low back pain.
- The pain was relieved after doing a HERNICORE® procedure in 2021, but it has reappeared since last month.
- On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least and 10 being the greatest imaginable pain), the pain is at 5 in the lower back, 9 in the lower extremities, 9 in the hips, and 6 in numbness.
- Can walk less than 100m
- Turning over in bed, squatting, sitting for a long time, and lifting heavy objects are very difficult. He also has difficulty standing up and simply washing his face.
MRI Imaging & Diagnostic
- Disc herniation observed at discs L3/4, 4/5, 5/S
The Cellgel procedure was performed on L3/4, 4/5, and L5/S.
Discogel being securely injected in all 3 vertebrae.
We talked to the patient throughout the treatment, and he seemed relaxed.
The Cellgel procedure repairs the disc, which can prove very significant for a herniated disc that has recurred like in this case.
The treatment itself took about 25 minutes.
After the treatment, the patient took some rest in the recovery room and was then able to walk home.
Treatments at our Clinic
Please refer to the following links for more information on the Cellgel method.
Written by Tadaaki Minowa, Clinic Director