Column Treatment Case Study – #12 | International Lumbago Clinic Tokyo Blog
Female in her 40s
- Patient was diagnosed with a herniated disc one year ago.
- She also experiences back strain frequently.
- On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least pain and 10 being the greatest pain), her back is at 10.
- Turning over in bed, washing face, prolonged sitting, and lifting heavy objects are extremely difficult. She also has difficulty in standing up and even sitting in a neutral posture.
MRI Imaging & Diagnostic
- Mild disc herniation is seen at L4/5.
- Intervertebral disc degeneration is seen at L2/3 and 3/4.
The Cellgel procedure was performed in L3/4, 4/5, and 5/S.
You can see that Discogel being securely injected in the 3 vertebrae.
The procedure in itself was completed in about 25 minutes.
After the intervention, the patient had a rest in the recovery room and was then able to walk home.
Treatments at our Clinic
Please refer to the following links for more information on the Cellgel method.
Written by Tadaaki Minowa, Clinic Director