Column Treatment Case Study – #9 | International Lumbago Clinic Tokyo Blog
Male in his 60s
- Patient began to feel pain in his left thigh in June this year.
- Symptomatic treatment was performed, but there was no improvement.
- In September of this year, he began to feel pain in his lower back, which made it difficult for him to walk, but he is gradually recovering.
- On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least and 10 being the greatest), the patient’s back pain is at 3, lower limb pain is at 3, and numbness is at 3 too.
MRI Imaging & Diagnostic
- A herniated disc was observed at L4/5.
- Intervertebral disc degeneration was observed in L3/4.
- L5/S was not indicated due to bone deformity and severe narrowing.
The Cellgel procedure was performed in L3/4 and L4/5.
Since there was no tenderness on examination, so we approached from the left.
It can be confirmed that Discogel was securely injected in both L3/4 and L4/5.
The surgery itself was painless and took about 20 minutes.
After the surgery, the patient had some rest in the recovery room and was then able to walk out by himself.
The main cause of the pain was likely a herniated disc in L4/5.
After consultation with the patient, we decided on this scope of treatment.
Treatments at our Clinic
Please refer to the following links for more information on the Cellgel method.