Column Treatment Case Study – #13 | International Lumbago Clinic Tokyo Blog
Male in his 50s
- Has had pain in the lower back for about 15 years.
- He suffered multiple strained backs.
- On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least and 10 being the greatest), his back pain is at 8, lower limb pain at 8, hip pain at 6, and numbness at 10.
- He can walk for more than 500 meters without problem. Turning movements are possible, standing neutrally, prolonged sitting, and lifting heavy objects are very difficult. He also has difficulty standing up and even washing his face.
MRI Imaging & Diagnostic
- Disc herniation observed at L4/5 and L5/S.
- Intervertebral disc degeneration was observed at L2/3.
The Cellgel procedure was performed at L2/3, 4/5, and 5/S.
It can be observed that the Discogel was securely injected between the 3 vertebrae.
The procedure in itself was completed in about 25 minutes.
After the intervention, the patient had a rest in the recovery room and was able to walk home.
Treatments at our Clinic
Please refer to the following links for more information on the Cellgel method.
Written by Naoki Yoshida, Adminstrative Director