Column Treatment Case Study – #5 | International Lumbago Clinic Tokyo Blog
Male in his 30s
- Patient has had pain in the lower back for 10 years.
- Diagnosed with disc herniation 5 years ago.
- On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least pain and 10 being the greatest pain), his lower back is at 7, hips are at 6, lower legs are at 3, and numbness is at 3.
- Turning in bed and standing up are not a problem, but it is very difficult to maintain a neutral or standing position. He has some difficulty in washing his face, sitting for long periods of time, and lifting heavy objects.
MRI Imaging & Diagnostic
- Disc herniation is observed at L5/S
The Cellgel procedure was performed on L5/S.
DiscoGel is securely injected in L5/S.
The DiscoGel contains a substance that absorbs X-rays, so the injection of the drug can be confirmed in real time on screen.
Patients are highly satisfied with this treatment as they can assess the results by themselves.
After the surgery, the patient took a rest in the recovery room and was able to walk out by himself.
Treatments at our Clinic
Please refer to the following links for more information on the Cellgel method.
Written by Tadaaki Minowa, Clinic Director