Column Treatment Case Study – #23 | International Lumbago Clinic Tokyo Blog
Male in his 60s
- His low back pain started worsening six months ago.
- He had block injections, but with mixed results.
- On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the minimum and 10 being the greatest), his back pain is at 7, lower limbs are at 5, and hips are at 3.
- He can walk for more than 500m.
- He has difficulty squatting and when lifting heavy objects.
MRI Imaging & Diagnostic
- Intervertebral disc degeneration was observed in L2/3, L3/4, and L4/5.
The patient underwent the Cellgel procedure on L2/3, L3/4, L4/5, and L5/S.
Though there was no degeneration observed in L5/S, we decided to treat that disc as a prophylactic (prevention) procedure, after consulting the patient.
This is after the injection of Discogel between the 4 vertebrae.
The treatment was completed in about 30 minutes.
After the treatment, the patient recuperated in the recovery room and was able to walk home.
Treatments at our Clinic
Please refer to the following links for more information on the Cellgel method.
Written by Tadaaki Minowa, Clinic Director