Column Treatment Case Study – #26 | International Lumbago Clinic Tokyo Blog
Male in his 50s
- Patient underwent surgery for a herniated disc about 20 years ago.
- He sustained a strained back in 2016.
- In August 2022, he started feeling pain from his left buttock to the lower extremity.
- Describing the pain on a scale of 10 (1 being minimum pain and 10 the maximum pain conceivable), he is at 7 in the lower back, 10 in the lower extremity, 10 in the hip, and 7 in numbness.
- He is only able to walk less than 100m.
- Standing up and washing his face is easy but turning over and squatting are very difficult. He also has difficulty with prolonged sitting and even lifting heavy objects.
MRI Imaging & Diagnostic
- Herniated discs were observed in L4/5 and 5/s.
- Intervertebral disc degeneration was observed in L2/3 and 3/4.
The Cellgel procedure was performed on L2/3, 3/4, 4/5, and 5/S.
This is a video of the moment Discogel is injected.
After confirming the location of the herniated discs, the full amount was injected.
After the Discogel is injected into the disc.
The treatment itself took about 30 minutes.
After the treatment, the patient recuperated in the recovery room and was able to walk home.
Treatments at our Clinic
Please refer to the following links for more information on the Cellgel method.
Written by Tadaaki Minowa, Clinic Director