Column Treatment Case Study – #14 | International Lumbago Clinic Tokyo Blog
Male in his 40s
- He has been suffering from back pain for 25 years.
- 20 years ago, pain in the lower back to the point of not being able to walk, and numbness in the feet appeared.
- Last year, he strained his back and tried too hard, and has not been able to walk for long distances ever since.
- On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least and 10 being the greatest), the pain is at 10 in the lower back, 3 in the lower extremities, 3 in the hips, and 3 for numbness.
- Walking is possible, but for not more than 100 meters.
- Sitting for long periods of time is possible, but turning over, standing up movements, squatting, and lifting heavy objects are very difficult. He also has difficulty even washing his face.
MRI Imaging & Diagnostic
- Disc herniation was observed at L1/2, L2/3, L3/4, L4/5, and L5/s.
The Cellgel procedure was performed on L1/2, L2/3, L3/4, L4/5, and L5/S.
Dr. Minowa, the clinic director, performed the treatment that day.
You can see here that the Discogel was securely injected between the 5 vertebrae.
The procedure itself was completed in about 35 minutes.
Immediately after the surgery, the patient had a back crick on the right side, but after resting in the recovery room, was able to return home by car.
Treatments at our Clinic
Please refer to the following links for more information on the Cellgel method.
Written by Tadaaki Minowa, Clinic Director