Column Treatment Case Study – #2 | International Lumbago Clinic Tokyo Blog
Male in his 30s
- 40 years ago, he underwent surgery for a herniated disc.
- Anterior fusion surgery was performed on L4/5 about 30 years ago.
- In June of this year, he felt discomfort in his lower back when he lifted a heavy object, and in July he began to feel pain in his left leg.
- On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least and 10 being the greatest), the pain was 2 in the lower back, 2 in the hips, and 6 in the lower extremities, and the numbness was 1.
- Turning in bed and washing his face are not a problem, but lifting heavy objects is very difficult. He also has difficulty standing up, squatting, and even sitting for long periods of time.
MRI Imaging & Diagnostic
- Disc herniation is observed at L2/3, L3/4, and L5/S1. It can be clearly seen that the discs have protruded toward the spinal cord.
Cellgel procedure on L2/3, L3/4, and L5/S1.
Dr. Minowa, the clinic director, performed the surgery today.
When performing the Cellgel procedure in multiple locations, we prepare the insertion of the drug beforehand into each corresponding disc.
Once the preparation is complete, the drug is slowly injected into each disc.
After the surgery, the patient rested in the recovery room and was able to return home by foot.
Treatments at our Clinic
Please refer to the following links for more information on the Cellgel method.
Written by Tadaaki Minowa, Clinic Director